The FinePix Z33WP is Fujifilm’s first waterproof digital camera. No longer do you need to worry about damaging your camera in less than optimum shooting conditions. The FinePix Z33WP ensures you’ll never miss capturing any of life’s precious moments, any where, any time, under any conditions, and be able to share them easily with your extended network of friends and family members.
The 10-megapixel FinePix Z33WP is ready for any adventure including underwater activity up to 10 feet. The Z33WP uses a Fujinon 3x optical zoom lens, has Fujifilm’s ‘Automatic Scene Recognition’ SR AUTO mode, and features a 2.7-inch, 230,000 pixel resolution LCD screen.
- 10.0-megapixel resolution for large, photo quality prints
- Waterproof up to 10 feet
- 3x optical zoom; 2.7-inch LCD screen with Micro Thumbnail View
- Blog Mode with 12 editing functions
- 50 MB built-in memory; capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
- Face Detection Technology: Operating in tandem with automatic red-eye removal, the FinePix Z33WP identifies up to 10 human faces in a scene, and sets the correct focus and exposure, regardless of where subjects are located within the frame.
- Automatic Red Eye Removal accents the aforementioned features by lending an extra touch to that group shot. The Z33WP automatically checks for red eye and self-corrects it in each and every person in the photo, saving time on post-editing.
- Couple and Group Timer Modes: Working in conjunction with Face Detection technology, detects two faces in ‘Couple Timer Mode’ and up to four faces in ‘Group Timer Mode’ in a frame.
- One Touch MOVIE Button: Capture VGA quality movie clips at 30 frames per second with sound to capture all of those once-in-a-lifetime moments.
- Battery Life: The long-life rechargeable Li-ion battery (up to 200 shots) allows for extended use without worrying if the camera is going to last for the duration of the trip.
- The function buttons are tops – easy to find and press.
- With tapered edges, the camera goes in my pocket easily.
- Movie audio surprizingly good.
- Multiple digital pixel settings – as low as 100 KB for photos at the lowest setting – I e-mail my dad photos, he has dial-up so short attachments are critical.
- Photo quality color and resolution is good, including macro.
- LCD display is good, even in strong sunlight
- Menu choices are fairly intuitive.
- Battery life seems good so far.
- SD card – not that many waterproof cameras allow the use of the common SD card.
- Indoor shots are have noise.
- No hardcopy, comprehensive manual, just an unbound, brief multifolded paper. The comprehensive manual is on a CD. Then again, if you are around water, FUJI may figure youaren’t going to take a paper manual with you.
- Propriety USB cable for downloads – yet another cable to keep seperate from a dozen other propriety cables me and my family has.